The Office of Salahaddin University President
The office includes the following:
1. Director of the office
2. Secretary of the university council: Ms. Vian Farooq Mohammed who manages an independent part of the affairs of the university president cooperated with the office.
3. Secretary of the President of Salahaddin University-Erbil: Shawin Mohammed Anwer with the support of Zana Mohammed Anwer, they are both in charge of affairs related to the President of the University such as: receiving guests, arranging the President's appointments, in addition to numbering and sending all the confidential letters in the office to the organizations, receiving all the letters from the colleges and other organizations and presenting them to the president. Besides, a special committee is in charge of ordering university affairs after confirmation by the President of the university.
Other tasks include handling letters of the University Council which are written by the Secretary of the Council and confirmed by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, and the university decisions sent to the directors and colleges.
Transparency and equal opportunity at work, considering requirements and facilitating them:
Receiving visitors every day and without any discrimination (among lecturers, employees and students) in order to address their requirements and affairs, along with the university orders for arranging different committees for equal opportunity in administrative and scientific fields, without paying attention to different races or ideologies in all parts of the university Presidency Office (Secretary of the University Council, Secretary and the Office in general).
The most important decisions of the university council:
In the total of 10 meetings of the University Council from 01/09/2014 to 01/07/2015, a number of important decisions have been made in order to develop science and education:
1. In the 5th meeting draft of the University Council (section 4/scientific affairs 7) arranged on 19th January 2015, it the Council decided to open the Consultation Office of Linguistics and Translation in the College of Languages.
2. In the 9th meeting draft of the University Council (section 3/students affairs 1) arranged on 26th May 2015, the Council considered the number of lecturers, halls, and labs, also considering the working hours from 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. and ways how to get benefits from the lecture halls and the labs. The student accommodations at the university were also mentioned. They stressed the endeavour to accept a great number of students.
3. In the 9th meeting draft of the University Council (section 5/general affairs 1) arranged on the 26th May 2015, the Council decided that for the next coming years, the group photo of graduation of all the colleges of Salahaddin University-Erbil will be in one day and in Sami Abdul Rahman Park and it would be considered as a day in the university calendar.
4. The 10th meeting draft of the University Council (section 1/ the instructions of the President of the University) arranged on the 30th June 2015, expressed thanks and appreciation to all the lecturers and the university staff of the studying year 2014/2015.
5. In the 10th meeting draft of the University Council (section 5/ general affairs 2) arranged on the 30th June 2015, they decided to build Kurdistan Manuscript House for our university.
6. In the 10th meeting draft of the University Council ( section 6/ ) arranged on the 30th June 2015, the Council decided that students who are admitted to the university can’t postpone their years of studies directly, the student could only withdraw their application and apply again next year, if she/he has the right to apply again.
7. In the 10th meeting, the Council gave a scientific degree to 16 assistant professors to be professors.
8. In the Council, it was also decided to open Chemical Engineering in the College of Engineering.
9. The council also decided to give an honorary doctorate of law and sharia in the Islamic world to professor Dr. Mostafa Zalma.
10. On the recommendation of the President of the University, the council has decided that 24th April be University Martyr Day.
11. Giving two-year permission to higher education students.
12. Accepting the draft agreement between our university and other academic bodies internally and externally has been signed.
13. The council has also decided to express thanks and appreciation to the exam committees and the higher education exam committees of all the colleges.
14. In the 6th meeting draft of the University Council (section 5/general affairs 3), the Council has decided that Hawler centre for continuous development is related directly to the University President.